Sunday, June 29, 2008

Monsoon Showers


So there I was, standing one day in the dazzling sunlight of the courtyard, combing my beard. A passing summer shower suddenly tattooed the dusty lawn. The air was filled with the fragrance of the heady mixture of earth, rain and sunlight. I stood happily in the courtyard, breathing in the smells waiting, like my herbs and jungles, for the grand arrival of the rains, thinking of nothing, my mind flying free like a floating leaf. There was a sudden gust of wind. Behind it came a luminous drizzle from the rainclouds that rushed across the sunny sky. I wanted to leap into the joyous wind, the rain and the fleeing clouds. ‘Here I come!’ I jumped, my arms lifted, to touch the clouds. ‘Aha! Aha!’ I screamed. ‘Take me too!’
-Paul Zacharia, The Garden of the Antlions.

Photos contributed by : Sateesh

6 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

These are beautiful pictures. The flowers look so delicate and the raindrops on them really add to their beauty. I liked the words, too. Thanks for sharing!

zendagi migzara said...

nice pics

Mary said...

Lovely shots of the rain-kissed flowers! And a beautiful quotation, too. thanks for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments. :)

Kichu $ Chinnu | കിച്ചു $ ചിന്നു said...

nice one ....
“ഒരു പൂ മഴയിലേക്കെന്ന പോലെ ... എന്‍ ഹൃദയത്തിലേക്കു നീ ചായുമ്പോള്‍ “
എന്ന വരികള്‍ കേട്ടിട്ടുണ്ടോ....

Sekhar said...

Thank you so much Lin, Trishna, Mary, Kichu & Chinni for drenching me in cool comments :)
Thanks Kichu & Chinni for remindind me of my favorite song from 'Gramaphone' :)

Manoj said...

Wonderful pictures. The best of the photos that I have seen in your blog till now!! I am still reading your older posts! So keep counting for the best ones! :)

About Me

My photo
Alumni of Kendriya Vidyalaya Cochin Port Trust
When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
~
Ansel Adams

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP